SHRM - Society for Human Resource Management
Earning SHRM credential make individuals recognized expert and a leader in the HR field and an asset to their organization, keeping them and organization more competitive in today's economy. This professional distinction is a way to set yourself apart from your colleagues, proving high level of knowledge and skills. SHRM certifications directly link to on-the-job scenarios and realistic work situations. Seventy-three percent of examinees say the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams are HR job-relevant.
Built upon one comprehensive SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge, SHRM certification is applicable across industries, geographic borders, job responsibilities and career levels.
Two certifications available under SHRM for the professionals are listed as:
- SHRM CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL (SHRM-CP)
- SHRM SENIOR CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL (SHRM-SCP)
For SHRM exam, the examinee must present one form of government-issued ID. The ID must be valid and must bear the signature and photograph and should be in English Language. Acceptable IDs include Passport and SMART CNIC.
It is very important that the name with which you register must exactly match the name appearing on your ID card. If there are any name discrepancies, then you would be asked for other valid IDs. Even then, if the name on your presented IDs does not match your registered name, the candidate will not be allowed to take the exam.
SHRM is offered four days a week, Monday to Thursday, under the testing window set by examination body at test centers of USEFP.
Fee structure for both exams is as follow.
Exam Fees and Registration:
Application and registration can be processed by the following method:
- Visit portal.shrm.org.
- Create a user account. Enter your name as it appears on your unexpired original government-issued ID. (Name on ID must be represented in Latin characters).
- During an open registration window, select SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification exam.
- Complete the application form with your eligibility, job and demographic information. If you require testing accommodations, complete and submit the Testing and Certification Accommodations Request Form at the time of application submission.
- Sign the affirmation statement agreeing to abide by:
â€œSHRM Code of Ethics"
â€œPolicies and procedures outlined in the SHRM Certification Handbook"
- Submit payment for your exam.
- Upon verification and/or successfully completing an audit, you will receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) letter via e-mail within 10 business days.
- After receiving your ATT letter, schedule your exam with SHRM's test delivery vendor at prometric.com/shrm .
Rescheduling/Cancellation of Exam:
|Exam Type||Prior Days Cancellation||Cancellation Fee|
|SHRM - CP||Less than 30 days but not later than 5 days||$53|
|SHRM - SCP||Less than 30 days but not later than 5 days||$53|
Note: Candidates with medical or personal emergencies within five days prior to a scheduled exam appointment may request a partial refund of 50% of the exam fee. A refund request must be submitted to SHRM via e-mail to email@example.com no later than 30 days after closure of the exam window and must include supporting documentation as to the nature of the medical or personal emergency. Requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams have 160 questions; 130 of them are used to calculate your score. After you take the test, you will have a raw score of 0-130 correct answers; but the score we report to you is on a scale of 120-200, with "passing" set at 200, your scaled score.
Testing Accommodations candidates must be approved by SHRM before the exam is registered.